Pages

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Welcome!

Hello and welcome to Breaking Down Information Silos!  As the title implies this blog is dedicated to exploring the parallels between various information science professions, principally libraries and archives. The topic has been simmering in my head for some time ever since I accepted a position as a Systems Librarian (technically Electronic Services Librarian although I dislike that title).   Being that my educational background is in Archives and Records Management, working in the library world required some adjustment both in my thinking and in the focus for my professional development.   Yet doing so has made me more aware of the interconnections between the library and archival worlds and how what many of us do is similar to seemingly unrelated fields such as data science and digital asset management.    Breaking Down Information Silos will therefore take a look at the similarities and differences in professions across the information science world and the challenges to working together.

No comments:

Post a Comment